Are you a person who has disconnected cable TV after realizing that youtube TV is the best alternative to traditional subscriptions? Then there are more chances that you might be enjoying access to unlimited entertainment as well as streaming options.
However, there are sometimes a few issues with the subscription and your Youtube TV app not working on LG TV. One such important point here is you cannot call the cable technician for this, and you have to solve the youtube TV not loading on LG TV by yourself.
Having this in mind and to help you, we have curated various simple ways to troubleshoot and fix your youtube TV not loading on LG TV.
- #Check For Compatibility
- #Go For A Power Cycle.
- #Inspect Your Internet
- #Check All User Agreements
- #Toggle Off IPv6
- #Update Your Youtube App
- #Update The Software In Your LG TV
- #Cross-check The Youtube Server Status.
- #Reinstall The Youtube Application
- #Open Youtube On Any Other Devices.
- #Reset Your LG TV
#Check For Compatibility
In general, not all LG TVs are compatible with the youtube application. So before you go to any other solutions, check whether the LG TV you have supports youtube TV.
For your reference, LG TVs manufactured on or after 2014 only support the youtube app. Hence if you have a model older than 2014, you won’t be able to enjoy youtube TV on your LG TV.
But if your LG smart TV or the LG web OS is compatible with the youtube TV, you can go ahead with the other fixes described below.
#Go For A Power Cycle.
Power cycling helps fix many issues, even streaming problems on any smart TV. Also, it is a perfect solution for screen unresponsiveness, black screen, crashing, and lagging. Besides, it clears the corrupted cache that makes your youtube TV not loading on LG TV.
Furthermore, a power cycle is also known as a soft reset. Below are the instructions for power cycling if your youtube TV not loading on LG TV.
- Disconnect the LG TV from the power outlet
- Leave it unplugged for a minute or two.
- Press the power button on your LG TV for about 30 seconds (you can skip this if your LG TV does not come with a power button)
- Connect the plug of your TV back to the power outlet, and now your youtube TV will load on LG TV.
Suppose this resolves your issue, fine. Otherwise, move to the next step.
#Inspect Your Internet
Sometimes a slow or unstable internet connection might be the culprit, Or else your LG TV not connecting to WiFi properly, and that why is your Youtube TV not working on LG TV. Therefore the first thing you can do here is to restart your router.
For this, unplug the router, wait for a minute, and then plug it back. After this, connect your TV to the router and check whether youtube is loading now! Also, there are a couple of things you can try to fix the network issues;
- Change your connection to ethernet cables
- Examine your ethernet cables if you already use a hardware connection
- Check your internet speed from other devices
- Switch to a dual-band router and use 5 GHz
- Try updating DNS to google DNS
How to update DNS to Google DNS?
- Press the home or start button on your remote
- Tap on the settings icon, which is at the top right corner
- Choose all settings, which is at the bottom right corner
- Click on network
- Select your network from the list of options
- Once connected, the LG TV should show the connection status
- Then edit your network settings
- Uncheck the option “set automatically.”
- Edit the DNS server, change it to 22.214.171.124
- Now click on connect
Wait for the connection to reconnect again and restart your LG TV. Then go back to your youtube app and check whether the Youtube TV not working on LG TV is fixed.
#Check All User Agreements
A few features and applications will only work correctly if you accept the license agreements provided by LG TV. So here is the procedure for you;
- Press the “settings button” on the LG TV remote
- Choose all settings
- Go to the General tab
- Click on “about this TV.”
- Tap on user agreements.
- Here ensure that you have selected all.
#Toggle Off IPv6
IPv6 is the latest internet protocol version, which helps communicate and route traffic. But some applications are not compatible with this internet protocol. Below are the instructions;
- Head towards settings
- Choose all settings
- Click on network
- Select wifi connection
- Navigate to advanced wifi settings
- Turn off IPv6
Note that if it is already off, toggle ON and then toggle off again instantly. I hope that this fixes your youtube TV not loading on LG TV.
#Update Your Youtube App
One of the most common reasons why most people face their Youtube TV App not working on LG TV is because of using an older version of the youtube TV application. This is because using an older version causes a black screen or crashes on the LG TV.
If this is your case, you have to check whether you have any pending updates, and if there, download and install it immediately. Here is how to update your youtube TV app on your LG TV;
- Click on the home button on your remote
- Choose the LG content store
- Here, click on apps which is at the top of the page
- Choose youtube app
- In case of an update, you will see an “update” option, and you can update the app by clicking on it.
- Otherwise, you will note a “launch” option if the app is in the recent version.
Finally, you will find the youtube TV loading fine on your LG TV.
#Update The Software In Your LG TV
You may experience Youtube TV not working on LG TV or the apps crashing because of the outdated web OS software on your LG TV. What you need to do is update the version of the software on your LG TV.
Below are the steps to install and check the latest version of the software;
- Press the home button on your remote
- Click on the “settings icon” available in the top right corner
- Then choose all settings icon on the bottom right corner
- Click on the General tab, then select about this TV
- Click on it
- Here you will see the current version of your LG TV software. Click on check for updates.
- If there is an update available, go ahead to download and install it
- Also, you can checklist the automatic updates option in this section
- After installation, the LG smart TV will reboot
Finally, open and check whether your youtube TV not loading on LG TV is fixed.
#Cross-check The Youtube Server Status.
Before we continue looking for other solutions, it is time to look at the potential cause of youtube itself. Even though it is rare, the youtube server can be down sometimes. In such situations, the “Youtube TV not working on LG TV” is not your fault and is not only for your smart TV.
And when you are in this situation, you can also face other issues like the app crashing suddenly, logging out of the account, and being unable to sign in back. You can confirm this issue by checking the official social media pages of the support team. In contrast, if there are no updates on social media, you can check this by yourself using some online tools.
#Reinstall The Youtube Application
In a few cases, the app files become corrupt and cause the apps like youtube TV not loading on LG TV. In these cases, reinstalling the application will fix the Youtube TV app not working on LG TV.
Follow this simple procedure to reinstall the youtube app,
- On your home page, scroll to the right until you see the edit button (pencil symbol). Clicking on this will, switch the panel to edit mode.
- Look for the app that you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the X icon.
- You will get a prompt asking whether you want to delete the app.
- So click on it to remove the application.
To reinstall the youtube app,
Select the LG content store on your home menu on LG TV. Browse the LG content store, and type youtube in the search box. Scroll to the application category, select the youtube app and click on install. Once installed, tap on launch. Now, log in with the username and password. Start streaming your content on youtube TV.
#Open Youtube On Any Other Devices.
We have covered almost every solution available for youtube TV not loading on LG TV. Let us see whether this works for you at last. Try to open youtube on your PC, smartphone, or any other device using the same network.
If you find youtube working on another device ideally, then you have to call the professionals from the LG support team. On the other hand, if still youtube is not working on different devices, then the problem might be due to the youtube account or youtube servers.
#Reset Your LG TV
Still, if you are experiencing your Youtube TV not working on LG TV, and have tried all the fixes mentioned above, try factory resetting the LG TV. Resetting the TV will restore your TV’s default settings and help fix the issue.
Here are the simple instructions for resetting the LG TV;
- Head towards settings
- Choose all settings and tap on general
- Scroll through and choose reset to initial settings
- A prompt will ask you to confirm the process
- Click on it and go ahead with the factory reset
Once the factory resetting process has been over, set up your LG TV, then install the youtube app from the LG content store; now youtube must work as usual.
Furthermore, you can also check out the,
Final Words On Youtube TV Not Loading On LG TV
Suppose you have correctly followed all the steps; youtube TV will work by now! However, if the youtube TV not loading on LG TV still or showing a black screen, your next move should be to contact the LG support center.
Moreover, let me know which solutions helped you fix the issue in the comment box. Also, please share the content with others to help them.