Experiencing a poor internet connection is often awkward, and knowing about Xfinity modem reset is essential nowadays as we work primarily online. So, if you have any issues with your modem, it is time for the Xfinity modem reset, which takes less than 15 minutes.
People always search online for ways to troubleshoot internet issues by themselves. Similarly, if you are hunting for ways to reset the Xfinity modem, here is a step-by-step guide!
Continue reading to learn more.
Step By Step Guide For Xfinity Modem Reset
Before stepping into the reset process, know many ways to do it. Let us look one by one. But before that, remember resetting your modem will restore the device to its original settings. It implies that you have to modify or configure the settings again.
- Method 1: How To Reset Xfinity Modem Using The Reset Button
- Method 2: How To Reset Xfinity Modem Through Web
- Method 3: How To Reset Xfinity Modem Using The Website
- Method 4: Get Help From The Xfinity Assistant
- How To Factory Reset Xfinity Modem?
- How To Fix Your New Xfinity Modem Not Working?
- Wrapping Up Xfinity Modem Reset
Method 1: How To Reset Xfinity Modem Using The Reset Button
- The first step is so simple, as we are going to make use of the reset button.
- You will find a reset button at the bottom or back of the router.
- Hold down the button continuously for 5 seconds. Here you can use a pen or paper clip for a long press.
- After 5 seconds, release the button and wait until the router reboots. And this will take nearly 5 minutes.
- Right after you find the router back online, enter the router’s IP address into your browser and start connecting. (for instance, the IP address will be 192.168.0.1)
- Suppose you are unfamiliar with the IP address; refer to the documentation you will get while buying a router.
- Now, if you have seen the Xfinity setup page, the reset process is done, and congratulations! Finally, you can now set up your network again.
- In case you have not seen the setup page, don’t panic. Please restart your computer and try it once. Still, if it didn’t work, contact an Xfinity assistant.
Method 2: How To Reset Xfinity Modem Through Web
Xfinity modem reset through the website is quick, and you can do it yourself without depending on any other.
- Double-click on your web browser. You can use whatever you like (chrome, firefox, safari, edge, brave, etc.); each browser will work properly.
- Type the IP address of your router. If you don’t know, refer to the documentation manual, as said earlier.
- Login to your router using your Xfinity account (we guess you already have your Xfinity username and password)
- Once you have finished the login process, search for the reset or reboot page in the account.
- Then click on the reset button on the page.
- A prompt will ask you to confirm, so click the reset or OK button, whatever you see.
- Now your router will start rebooting, which will take less than 5 minutes.
- Next, connect by entering the router’s IP address when you find the router back.
- Finally, you successfully reset the router if you see the Xfinity setup screen. And you can set up your network.
If you cannot see the setup screen, restart the browser and repeat the process. Otherwise, you can get help from a professional.
Method 3: How To Reset Xfinity Modem Using The Website
Xfinity modem reset can be done without any hassles using the Xfinity website, and here are the steps to be followed;
- Urge towards a web browser and open a new tab.
- In the address bar, enter 10.0.0.1
- Now it will take you to the Xfinity website.
- You can log in to the website using “admin” as username and “password” as password.
- Click on troubleshooting (which you will see on the left side)
- A drop-down menu will appear, and choose reset or restore the gateway
- Then you will find the option “restore factory settings” and click on it.
- Right after clicking on this, you will lose all your previous settings.
That’s all. You have successfully done an Xfinity modem reset which helps improve internet performance.
Method 4: Get Help From The Xfinity Assistant
If you are not satisfied with these above methods but still want to get out of the issues? Don’t worry; there is one last trick. Yes, you can reach out to the Xfinity assistants.
They are nothing complicated but easy-to-use chat support where you can list all your concerns and queries about their services and products. They are always available 24/7, so you can ping them anytime and anywhere.
With the help of this Xfinity assistant, you are connecting with a professional with a vast knowledge of technical aspects. And we also suggest and say that there is nothing wrong with contacting a technical person for help to avoid further issues.
How To Factory Reset Xfinity Modem?
Below are the instructions you can follow for a factory reset Xfinity modem, and I assure you that these steps are elementary and do not include any high technical knowledge.
- In your web browser, type the address 10.0.0.1 and press enter
- You will be urged toward the Xfinity modem’s login page
- Provide the login details like username and password
- And click on the login button
- Then click on troubleshooting
- Select reset or restore the gateway
- Finally, choose reset factory settings
Following these steps, you are done with a factory reset Xfinity modem.
How To Reset Xfinity Modem Password?
It is common for many of us to forget our passwords or login details as we have many accounts nowadays, right!? And so here comes the need to know how to reset the Xfinity modem password.
Reset The Xfinity Modem Password Using The Admin Interface
- Open the web browser of your choice
- In the address bar, enter 10.0.0.1
- In the login screen, provide the default username “admin” and password “password” (if you have not changed your login details, use these)
Suppose you have changed your login details but have forgotten your password;
Follow These Steps.
- Hunt for the small button at the back of your hardware
- Please search for a long thin object which is used to press the small button; I think here you can make use of a hairpin or paper clip
- Likewise, press and hold the button continuously for 15 to 20 seconds
- Now you will see the LED lights blinking.
Right we have solved this issue, so proceed further.
- Click on the login button, and the page will prompt you to set up new login details for the admin tool (You need to do this because all the modems have the same default login details)
- Remember that the new password must have eight characters containing uppercase and lowercase letters and atleast 1 number.
- Now enter the new password in the Re-enter new password box and click on the save button.
Congratulations, now you have learned how to reset the Xfinity modem password.
How To Fix Your New Xfinity Modem Not Working?
Fix 1 – Restart Your Device.
The first and foremost possibility to get out of any new Xfinity modem not working issue is to try restarting.
You must unplug or power off the modem and wait for a few minutes. Then, power ON the modem after some time and check whether it is working.
Fix 2 – Uninstall The Security Software.
Suppose the method mentioned above is not your cup of coffee; then try implementing this.
Few people experience a network problem with antivirus software installed on their devices. So if you do face the same, disable the security programs and try working with the Xfinity modem. Even still it did not work for you, you could activate the security software again.
Fix 3 – Check Your Cables.
We believe that most “new Xfinity modem not working or the Xfinity Modem Lights blink different colors” problem arises because of improper connection. The cables connecting the router and the modem may be loose and full of dust. Hence, check your cable connection and whether your modem works well.
Fix 4 – Repair Or Replace Your Router
Suppose you observe that the cables are in proper connections, have no service outages, and have no signal interferences. In that case, you can guess that the new Xfinity modem not working issue may be because of the router you use. Hence consider purchasing a new router from a nearby store or online.
Otherwise, if you have a chance to repair it, head to it. But try to compare the prices for repair and replacement.
Fix 5 – Delete Your Cache.
There is a probability that a large amount of cache in the machine makes the new Xfinity modem not work correctly. So still, if you are on the way to finding the reason, try clearing your caches and check if it’s working or not.
Fix 6 – Check Your Account Status.
This may seem funny, but there are times we will be thinking about why the new Xfinity modem not working without knowing that we have not updated our account. Hence in the accounts tab, update all the information and check whether the bills have been paid regularly.
Fix 7 – Try Attempting A Ping Test.
A ping test is often followed to eliminate any new Xfinity modem not working or internet connection issues.
Steps For Conducting A Ping Test;
- Head towards the command prompt function
- In the box, enter ping -t www.comcast.net.
- Then click on Enter button and wait for 60 seconds
- Press Ctrl + C
- Now the process running will stop
- In the output, check all the details you need to know.
Wrapping Up Xfinity Modem Reset
With this, we have ended our Xfinity modem reset guide and hope the information is helpful for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it good to reset your modem?
Yes, it is much better to reset your modem once a month. Resetting a modem is highly advisable as it fixes your connectivity issue and helps you get the most out of your internet plan. Moreover, resetting the modem helps you get a stable and reliable internet connection if you have previously suffered from a poor-quality connection.
How do I manually reset my modem?
The quickest way to reset your modem is to use the reset button. With the modem turned ON, press the reset button and hold it for 5 to 10 seconds. Release the button and wait for 3 to 5 minutes until the modem completes the factory resetting process.
Once it’s done, the power light will blink, and you have to follow the modem instructions to activate it like the first time. Complete the setup process on the Xfinity setup page and try connecting to the internet.
What happens if I reset my Xfinity modem?
Resetting the modem erases all of your settings, including wifi names, passwords, and all other information. Also, resetting your modem resolves connection issues, slow connections, and some common wireless problems, if there are any. But note that resetting is different from restarting.