Vizio TVs are known for being budget-friendly, but you may encounter problems like constant TV lagging or flickering, which can be frustrating.
In such instances, Vizio TV Reset Without Remote is the only option if you lose your Vizio TV remote.
So, How To Vizio TV Reset Without Remote?
If you’re facing constant TV lagging with your Vizio TV and don’t have the remote, one solution is to reset the TV to its factory settings.
To do this, simultaneously press and hold your TV’s Input and Volume buttons until a dialogue box appears.
Then, press the Input button for a few more seconds to initiate the reset.
However, resetting your TV should be a last resort when other troubleshooting methods fail, as all data and apps saved on the TV will be lost.
There are two ways to perform a Vizio TV reset without a remote: a soft reset and a hard reset (factory reset).
- A soft reset involves unplugging the TV’s power cord and waiting a few minutes before plugging it back in.
- On the other hand, a hard reset consists in accessing the TV’s Menu using the buttons on the TV itself and selecting the Reset option.
A Soft Reset, or Power Cycling, is a troubleshooting method that does not erase any saved data or remove any apps installed on your Vizio Smart TV.
It only clears the temporary memory and may help eliminate any issues you face with your Vizio TV.
To soft reset your Vizio TV, you must follow the steps below.
- Unplug the TV from the power source directly without turning OFF your Vizio TV.
- Press the “Power Button” on the device’s backside for a few seconds.
- Once done, you are required to plug in the TV again.
- If the issue is petty, it could be resolved by a soft reset.
Performing a Hard Reset, or a Factory Reset, will erase all the previously saved data and settings on your Vizio TV.
After the reset, your TV will revert to its original factory settings as if it were brand new.
To do that, you have to follow the below-given steps.
- Turn on your Vizio TV and press the Input and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see a dialogue box on your TV screen.
- After that, press and hold the Input button again for 10 to 12 seconds.
- Having done that, you will see a message displaying “Memory is Being Cleared.”
- This indicates that your Vizio TV has undergone a factory reset.
Other Steps For Vizio TV Reset Without Remote
Aside from the soft and hard reset options, alternative methods exist to reset your Vizio TV without a remote.
Below are some troubleshooting methods that you can try for a Vizio TV reset without a remote:
Use The SmartCast App
The SmartCast app is an effective solution to address many problems on your Vizio TV.
This application offers exceptional streaming features and services. Also, the application is compatible with both iOS and Android platforms.
To reset your Vizio TV using the SmartCast app,
- Download the app on your device.
- Use WiFi to connect your Vizio TV to the SmartCast app.
- Open the app on your phone and navigate to “Settings.”
- Then go to System>Reset>Admin.
- Then go to the “Restore TV to Default Factory Settings.”
- Click on it to factory reset your Vizio TV.
Get A New Remote
Purchasing a new, high-quality remote from the market or online is among the most convenient and effective solutions when you feel challenged to resetting a Vizio TV without a remote.
Not only will it address the current problem, but it will also enhance your overall TV experience.
Use The Back Panel Buttons
Instead of a remote, you can choose Vizio TV Reset Without Remote by using the back panel buttons of the TV. To do the same;
- Turn on your Vizio TV and press and hold down the Volume and Input buttons at once for a few seconds.
- You might then see a message “To Reset to Default, from the back panel, press the Input button for 10 seconds”.
- Release the two buttons and only hold and press the Input button for 10 seconds, as stated in the message.
- To confirm the reset, another message will be displayed on the screen indicating that the display will reset shortly.
- When enough is done, your Vizio TV will turn OFF and reboot in a few minutes.
- Lastly, your Vizio TV will undergo a factory reset.
When Should I Reset My Vizio TV?
Electronic appliances, like Vizio TV black screen, can often have problems in the functioning. When the users do not understand what to do with their Smart TV, they factory reset it.
It would be best to Vizio TV Reset Without Remote for many reasons.
TV Lags And Freezes
If your TV constantly lags and freezes and is not responding to the commands, you must reset it to work correctly.
Apps Not Working
Your smart TV might not work efficiently with certain apps, and you might face an issue running the apps on the TV. If so, you have to Vizio TV Reset Without Remote.
TV Displays A Black Screen
Suppose you suddenly turn on your Vizio TV, and the TV displays a black screen or the Vizio TV Screen Flickering even when you have pressed that Power button repeatedly.
In such circumstances, resetting your Vizio TV is the best thing to do.
The TV might have connectivity issues, or the internet could be dysfunctional. When the internet does not catch a connection after several attempts, the last option you are left with is to reset your Vizio TV.
You must most commonly reset your Vizio TV when you have forgotten the TV’s password and can not access the home screen.
Not only this, in case you are selling your old TV to someone, you have to reset the TV.
Final Summary: Vizio TV Reset Without Remote
Your Vizio TV may experience occasional operational issues despite its normal functionality. In such cases, attempting various troubleshooting methods is recommended.
However, resetting the TV may be necessary if none proves effective. Fortunately, if you are without a Vizio TV remote, alternative methods exist to perform a reset.
This can be accomplished by accessing the buttons on the TV’s back panel or utilizing the SmartCast app.