If your “Vizio TV Has Vertical Lines On Screen,” it is a common issue, and there’s no need to worry!
Whether the lines are vertical or horizontal, they can be a significant distraction while watching movies, so it’s essential to address if your “Vizio TV Has Vertical Lines On Screen.”
This guide is dedicated to helping you do just that. So let’s dive in and get started!
- Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
- Check Cables For Vizio TV Vertical Line Issues
- Check External Devices
- Update Firmware
- Restore Vizio TV To Factory Settings For Vertical Line Issues
- Check T CON Board On Vizio TV
- Block T CON Signals To Fix Vizio TV Vertical Lines
- Investigate Motherboard Problems On Vizio TV
Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
Power cycling is a simple yet effective solution for many TV-related issues and is often the first step in troubleshooting.
If your “Vizio TV Has Vertical Lines On Screen” due to temporary errors, power cycling may be able to resolve the issue.
To power cycle your Vizio TV, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power cable from the wall socket.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button on your TV for 30 seconds.
- Release the button once the 30 seconds have elapsed.
- Plug the power cable back into the wall outlet.
- Turn ON your Vizio TV and check if the vertical lines have disappeared.
Check Cables For Vizio TV Vertical Line Issues
Vizio Smart TVs rely on HDMI cables to receive input from streaming devices or set-top boxes connected to the TV.
If the HDMI cables are loose or damaged, it can cause vertical lines to appear on the screen while you’re watching.
If you’re experiencing this issue, checking the HDMI cables connected to your Vizio TV is essential.
- Firstly, ensure that your HDMI cables are correctly and tightly connected to your Vizio TV.
- Secondly, unplug the HDMI cable and switch the ends before reconnecting them to the TV.
- If available, try using different HDMI cables and check whether the vertical lines issue has been resolved.
- This will help identify if the problem lies with the HDMI cables.
- Inspect your HDMI cables carefully for any damages like cracks or bends.
- Such physical damage can cause the TV to fail to display images correctly.
Finally, you can also examine other cables connected to your Vizio TV in the same way to check for loose connections or damages.
Check External Devices
Your Vizio TV has vertical lines on screen because of an external device, such as a streaming device or set-top box.
If one of these devices is faulty or damaged, it can cause screen flickering or vertical lines on your TV.
To determine if an external device is the cause of the issue, you should first disconnect the device from your Vizio TV.
Then, turn ON your TV and watch content on platforms like YouTube or Netflix. If your Vizio TV Has Vertical Lines On Screen still, then the problem lies with your TV.
On the other hand, if there are no vertical lines on the screen when watching content without the external device, the issue may be with the streaming device or set-top box previously connected to your TV.
In this case, you should repair or replace the external device immediately.
It is vital to keep the software or firmware of your Vizio TV up-to-date, as outdated versions can lead to issues such as the appearance of vertical lines on the screen.
It is recommended to always check for updates, even if your TV is new.
Most modern Vizio TVs have an Auto-update feature for firmware, but checking if this feature is enabled is essential.
To update your Vizio TV,
- Start by pressing the Menu key on your remote.
- From there, locate the Admin and Privacy or System option (the name may vary depending on your specific TV model).
- Once you have found it, select the “Check For Updates” option.
- If there are any available updates, be sure to install them promptly.
- Once the update is complete, your TV will restart.
Restore Vizio TV To Factory Settings For Vertical Line Issues
While a factory reset can effectively fix significant problems in a Vizio TV, we advise using it as a last resort.
This is because resetting the TV to its factory settings will erase all the settings, configurations, and personal data stored on the device, requiring you to set it up again from scratch.
Below is a guide on how to reset your Vizio TV safely:
- Press the Menu button on your Vizio TV remote control.
- Select “Admin & Privacy” from the Menu.
- Choose “Reset to Factory Settings.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to complete the reset process.
- Wait for the resetting process to finish.
Check T CON Board On Vizio TV
The T CON board, also known as the Timing Control board, is an essential component that plays a crucial role in converting signals into visible images on your Vizio TV screen.
This board is typically situated inside the back panel and is a common culprit; your Vizio TV Has Vertical Lines On Screen.
This is often due to loose or dirty connections between the T CON board and the ribbon connectors that link it to the LCD panel.
Replacing the T CON board can be a complex task, and we strongly advise contacting a qualified technician if you do not have prior experience with hardware repairs.
If you feel confident and have experience handling hardware, you may attempt to replace the T CON board by following these steps:
- First, unplug your Vizio TV’s power cable from the power supply and wait for at least 30 minutes.
- Next, carefully place your TV face on a table, not scratching or damaging the screen.
- Remove the screws and open the back panel of your TV to access the circuit board.
- Locate the TCON board, usually small and connected to the LCD panel by ribbon connectors.
- Check for any damages or loose connections.
- If you find any issues, you may need to replace the TCON board, noting the model number.
Block T CON Signals To Fix Vizio TV Vertical Lines
If your Vizio TV Has Vertical Lines On Screen, try using non-conductive tape to cover the contacts of the T CON cable.
This can prevent the transmission of incorrect signals and clear up the pictures on your screen.
However, please remember that this method is only effective if the lines appear on one side of the screen (left or right).
Investigate Motherboard Problems On Vizio TV
If you suspect that the motherboard is why your Vizio TV Has Vertical Lines On Screen and you are not comfortable opening up the TV yourself, it’s best to seek the help of a qualified professional.
Opening up the TV can cause further damage, and it may void your Vizio TV’s warranty.
However, there may be minor issues with the motherboard, such as a defective IC or a blown-out fuse; a professional can easily replace that.
This can solve if your “Vizio TV Has Vertical Lines On Screen.”
Final Thoughts On “Vizio TV Has Vertical Lines On Screen.”
We hope that one of the solutions provided above has helped you fix the issue of your Vizio TV having vertical lines on the screen.
If none of the solutions worked for you, seeking professional help to fix the problem is recommended.
If your Vizio TV is still under warranty, it’s best to contact the Vizio Service Center for assistance.