Are you encountering a black screen while using YouTube TV on your Samsung TV?
No need to fret, as you have come to the right place for help.
Multiple factors can cause the Samsung TV YouTube TV black screen issue, such as app malfunction, server error, poor network connection, or obsolete software.
However, we will guide you in resolving this Samsung TV YouTube TV black screen problem, regardless of the underlying cause.
- Verify YouTube-Server Status
- Check Samsung TV Compatibility For YouTube TV
- Uninstall And Reinstall YouTube TV App
- Perform A Power Cycle To Troubleshoot
- Inspect Internet Connection For YouTube TV
- Clear Cache For YouTube TV App
- Update YouTube TV App To The Latest Version
- Keep Samsung TV Firmware Up-to-Date
- Factory Reset
Verify YouTube-Server Status
If you are having trouble signing into your YouTube TV account through the app, the initial step is to verify if the YouTube servers are down.
You can check for server issues using websites like Downdetector, social media pages, or official YouTube pages. In case of a problem, these sources will provide updates.
If this is the reason for your Samsung TV YouTube TV black screen, the only solution is to wait until the server issues are resolved.
Check Samsung TV Compatibility For YouTube TV
Before attempting complex solutions, confirming that your Samsung TV is compatible with the YouTube application is vital.
Most modern Samsung TVs that use Tizen OS support YouTube TV.
However, if your Samsung TV model is incompatible, you must explore alternative options for streaming YouTube on your TV.
Uninstall And Reinstall YouTube TV App
After confirming that your Samsung TV model can support the YouTube TV application and there are no server-related problems, it is advisable to delete and reinstall the YouTube TV app on your device.
Steps for uninstalling the YouTube TV app;
- Hit the Home key
- Navigate to the Apps section
- Choose Settings
- Then select Delete
Ensure to restart your Samsung TV once you have deleted the YouTube TV application.
Steps for reinstalling the YouTube TV app;
- Hit the Home key
- Go to the “Apps” section
- Navigate to Settings
- Choose YouTube TV
- Click on Reinstall
Please note that you need a stable internet connection to install the YouTube TV app on your Samsung TV.
Restarting the YouTube TV app is also a quick and easy solution that can often resolve any issues within the app.
To restart the app, close it and wait a few seconds before reopening it.
Then, try to stream a YouTube TV video to see if the Samsung TV YouTube TV black screen problem has been resolved.
Perform A Power Cycle To Troubleshoot
Power cycling is an effective solution for resolving streaming issues on your Samsung TV.
It can also help eliminate unresponsiveness, black screen, or lagging issues and clear out any corrupted files on the apps and devices.
It is important to note that power cycling, also known as a soft reset, differs from the factory reset process.
Here is a detailed guide on how to power cycle your Samsung TV:
- Unplug the power cable of the TV from the power outlet.
- Wait for one minute.
- Press and hold the Power button on the TV for 30 seconds. You can skip this step if your TV does not have a power button.
- Plug the power cable back into the power outlet.
- Following these steps, you can successfully power cycle your Samsung TV and resolve streaming issues.
Inspect Internet Connection For YouTube TV
An unstable network connection can sometimes be the culprit behind the Samsung TV YouTube TV black screen issue.
If so, try restarting your router or modem.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Unplug your router from the power source.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Once it is back on, try accessing YouTube TV on your Samsung TV again.
- Following these steps should help to resolve any issues related to a slow internet connection and improve your streaming experience on your Samsung TV.
Clear Cache For YouTube TV App
Clearing the cache from the YouTube TV app can eliminate any bugs or glitches stored in the app.
Here are the steps to clear the cache on your Samsung TV:
- Go to the Home page on your Samsung TV.
- Click on Support.
- Head towards the option “Device Care.”
- Search for the option “Manage Storage.”
- Click on the YouTube TV app.
- Hit the down arrow and click on View Details.
- Choose Clear Cache.
- Confirm the process.
By following these steps, all the YouTube TV cache will be deleted, and we hope this will fix the issue of the Samsung TV YouTube TV black screen.
If the problem persists, proceed to the next solution.
Update YouTube TV App To The Latest Version
One of the most common causes of the issue “Samsung TV YouTube TV black screen” is that you are using an outdated or older app version.
Therefore, checking for any available updates and downloading the latest version is essential.
Here is how to update your YouTube TV app:
- Click on the Home button or head toward the Home page of your Samsung TV.
- Search for “Apps” on the bottom menu.
- Navigate to the YouTube app icon on the screen.
- The “Update App” option is on the YouTube app description page.
- Click on it
- Note that if the app is already up to date, you will only see the option “Open” instead of “Update.”
By following these steps, you can ensure that you have the latest version of the YouTube TV app on your Samsung TV, which should help to eliminate any issues related to outdated software.
Keep Samsung TV Firmware Up-to-Date
If your Samsung TV firmware is outdated, you might frequently encounter a black screen while using YouTube TV or experience the YouTube app crashing.
To resolve this issue, you must update your Samsung TV firmware to the latest version.
Below are the instructions to update your Samsung TV firmware:
- Go to the “Settings” on your Samsung TV.
- Choose “Support.”
- Tap on “Software Update.”
- Then, click on “Update Now.”
Updating your firmware should help to fix any issues related to outdated software and ensure that your Samsung TV runs smoothly with YouTube TV.
If none of the above solutions work, a factory reset on your Samsung TV is the final option to fix the YouTube TV black screen issue.
However, remember that a Factory Reset Samsung TV Without Remote or With a Remote will erase all your settings and personal data, including downloaded content and passwords, and remove all the installed apps on your TV.
To perform a factory reset on your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click on General.
- Tap on Reset.
- Enter the PIN for your Samsung TV.
- Confirm the reset.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- After the reset, you will see the initial setup screen on your TV.
Concluding The Samsung TV Youtube TV Black Screen Issue
While YouTube TV is an excellent streaming service, it must run smoothly to experience its full potential.
We’re optimistic that the solutions we’ve discussed above will assist you in resolving the Samsung TV YouTube TV black screen issue, enabling you to make the most of your YouTube TV subscription.
If these solutions fail or don’t work for you, we recommend you contact the Samsung Customer Support Team for further assistance.