Are you experiencing an issue where the Samsung TV volume keeps going down intermittently?
If yes, then you have come to the right resource.
In the following discussion, we will explore practical solutions to tackle this problem of Samsung TV Volume Keeps Going Down.
Let’s delve into it.
Evaluate Your Remote Control
At times, the Samsung TV volume keeps going down due to accidental depression of buttons on the remote.
In such cases, we recommend inspecting your remote control.
Examine the volume control buttons carefully for any indications of physical impairment.
Additionally, replacing the batteries in the remote control if they are outdated or Samsung TV Remote Not Working properly is advisable.
On the other hand, if the buttons on the remote are jammed or damaged, it may be necessary to either buy a new remote or have it repaired.
Examine The Built-In Control Panel
If the remote control is not responsible for the Samsung TV volume keeps going down issue, the built-in control panels may cause the problem.
In such a scenario, we suggest disconnecting the built-in control panels on your Samsung TV, which could stop the automatic volume decrease.
If you need help with the procedure to disconnect the panels, we recommend seeking assistance from qualified technicians.
Adjust Auto Volume Settings
The Auto Volume feature on your Samsung TV may be responsible for the issue of the Samsung TV volume keeps going down.
To disable this feature, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Settings option on your Samsung TV.
- Select Sound from the options available.
- Choose Expert Settings from the list.
- Please search for the Auto Volume feature and select it.
- Finally, Disable the Auto Volume feature by clicking on Enter.
Modify Bitstream Settings
Adjusting the settings on your TV is one of the most efficient ways to resolve the problem of Samsung TV volume keeps going down.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Sound Settings on your Samsung TV.
- Select Expert Settings from the options available.
- Click on HDMI Input Audio Format.
- Change your Bitstream to PCM.
- After making this change, verify if the issue has been resolved.
Disable The Sound Sensor
Another potential solution to fix the issue of automatic volume decrease on your Samsung TV is to check the ON/OFF buttons at the bottom.
Typically, flipping the button to the left activates the sound sensor, while flipping it to the right side deactivates it.
You can verify if the sound sensor is turned ON or OFF by checking the pop-up window on your Samsung TV.
Perform A Soft Reset Of Your Samsung TV
If temporary glitches are causing the automatic volume decrease on your Samsung TV, performing a soft reset may help resolve the issue.
To perform a soft reset on your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Turn ON your Samsung TV.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall socket.
- Wait for 50 to 60 seconds.
- Replug the power cable back into the wall socket.
- Try turning on the TV again and verify if the “Samsung TV volume keeps going down” issue has been resolved.
Update Your Samsung TV Software
If the previous solutions did not resolve the issue of Samsung TV volume keeps going down, updating the TV’s software to the latest version might help.
To update your Samsung TV’s software to the latest version, follow these steps:
- On your Samsung TV, select Settings.
- Scroll down and select Support.
- Click on Software Update.
- Select Update Now.
- Wait for the update process to complete.
Reset Your Samsung Smart Hub
Resetting the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV may also help resolve the issue of Samsung TV volume keeps going down.
To reset the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Using your remote control, go to the Home page of your Samsung TV.
- Select Support.
- Tap on Device Care & Choose Self Diagnosis.
- Press OK.
- Search for “Reset Smart Hub.”
- Press OK.
- Enter the PIN for your Samsung TV.
- Wait for the Smart Hub to finish the resetting process.
The Bottom Line For Samsung TV Volume Keeps Going Down
There can be several reasons why the Samsung TV Volume Keeps Going Down, such as a damaged remote, a stuck control button, or the Auto Volume feature being enabled without your knowledge.
However, the solutions provided in this post can help you resolve the issue.