Your remote might not be functioning for a variety of reasons, including physical harm, battery problems, pairing problems, or problems with the remote’s or TV’s infrared sensor.
You may quickly check to see if the Samsung TV remote not working except power button problem is with the remote or the TV. You can solve your problem here if your Samsung TV remote only turns on and off the TV.
This issue, “Samsung TV remote not working except power button,” has often been reported, and consumers have been able to find a few solutions, irrespective of the Samsung TV model.
We’ll focus on your remote, so let’s figure out how to fix the issue.
- Solution 1: Power Cycle Remote
- Solution 2: Power Cycle the Samsung TV
- Solution 3: Reconnect the Remote To Samsung TV
- Solution 4: Reset The Samsung TV Remote
- Solution 5: Reduce Electronic Interference
- Why Is Samsung TV Remote Not Working Except Power Button?
- Wrapping Up Samsung TV Remote Not Working Except Power Button
Solution 1: Power Cycle Remote
The most straightforward approach is to discharge the Samsung remote. This technique frequently assists in resolving battery-related problems and can help you.
The Samsung remote can be reset by following these steps:
- Remove the remote’s batteries.
- Repeatedly press the “ON” button.
- Press each additional button a minimum of once.
- Replace the remote’s batteries.
- Check the remote’s functionality right now.
Your remote has been discharged due to the power cycle you just completed, and the problem should be fixed. However, if the issue still exists, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Power Cycle the Samsung TV
Even if it happens infrequently, there are situations when the receiver—in your case, the TV—is the issue. In that case, using the same power cycle procedure on the TV would be preferable.
Restarting all of the operations on either the corner of your TV with a power cycle can guarantee a clean boot and, in most circumstances, fix many remote-control problems.
How to Power cycle your TV is as follows:
- Your Samsung TV’s power adapter needs to be unplugged.
- Take a few minutes to wait.
- Reconnect the power to the TV.
- Test by turning on the TV.
Now Let’s relink the remote to the Samsung TV if the issue still exists even after you’ve reset the TV. Learn how to Factory Reset Samsung TV Without Remote! We’ll guide you through the steps and get it back up quickly and easily.
Solution 3: Reconnect the Remote To Samsung TV
When all your Samsung remote does is turn the TV on and off, it could unintentionally disconnect from your TV. Before moving on, it is advised to try pairing the remote since this solution has worked for some users.
Follow these steps to connect your Samsung remote to the TV:
- Direct your remote control to the TV.
- Keep holding down the return key.
- Keep holding down the play button.
- Holding both buttons down for ten seconds or so.
If the pairing process is successful, your Television screen should display the phrase “Connecting To TV,” and your remote should pair shortly after that. If the message doesn’t show, your remote is likely paired, and you should move on to the next solution.
Solution 4: Reset The Samsung TV Remote
Resetting your remote entirely is an excellent option to solve the Samsung TV remote not working except power button, as advised by Samsung Tech support.
You can carry out this procedure by pressing the buttons in the proper order and at the right time. This approach will ultimately reset your remote if used correctly, which would fix the issue.
The Samsung remote can be reset as shown below:
- Remove the remote’s batteries.
- The Upward Volume button should be pressed and held.
- Hold for at least two minutes.
- Reinstall the batteries in the remote control after two minutes have passed.
Reconnect the remote to Samsung TV if the remote is utterly unresponsive after the reset. The remote should then function properly and have all of its features after that.
Solution 5: Reduce Electronic Interference
If your Samsung smart remote only does is turn the TV on and off, you should endeavor to minimize or eliminate any interference.
You should check sure there are no obstructions around the TV receivers that could interfere with the infrared signals used by the remote because they can cause signal disruption.
Any electronic device can intentionally interfere with the IR signal, including desktops, phones, tablets, microwaves, and radios.
- Make careful to eliminate any electronics that are close to your TV receiver after taking a check around.
- After that, use the remote to restart your TV and see whether the other buttons are operational.
Note: Ensure your remote’s IR “eye” is not covered in dust or smudges.
You should remember whether the Samsung remote has been fatally damaged if the Samsung TV remote not working except power button issue still exists even after trying all of the fixes mentioned above. If there is any moisture inside, your hardware can be broken.
Test Your Samsung Remote
You’ll need your phone’s camera to check whether the batteries are dead or your remote generally sends strong infrared signals. Point the remote controller at the lens when the smartphone camera is open.
Do the following when you’re ready:
- Tap the “ON” button.
- Press any additional button.
The camera’s lens can record the infrared rays on the remote’s front that blinks when buttons are pressed, unlike the human eye. A low battery charge is commonly present if the light only flickers when the “ON” button is pressed.
However, if the IR light flickers on every button, it indicates a different problem, so let’s go on to the solution below.
Samsung TV remote not working except power button; you can only turn it on and off. Simply remove the battery from the remote before implementing the following methods.
- Re-insert them into the unit while switching sides after waiting a short while.
- Check the remote to see whether that fixed the issue; if not, move on to the solution below.
- It is strongly advised that you change the batteries before moving ahead.
Why Is Samsung TV Remote Not Working Except Power Button?
In this post, we’ll go over some of the potential causes of this Samsung TV remote not working except power button, as well as offer you workable solutions that guarantee its total eradication.
We looked into the problem and devised several fixes that worked for most of our users. Additionally, we investigated the causes of the error and found them to be as follows:
- The electrical signal from the TV remote may be distorted when other electronics, such as lights, mobile phones, radios, etc., are in front of or next to the Television. As a result, it is always a good idea to move these items away from the Television.
- In some instances, the Television and remote may become out of sync with one another, which may cause the remote to malfunction or fail to recognize the electric signals coming from the remote.
Now that you’ve gained a fundamental awareness of the underlying issue, “Samsung TV remote not working except power button,” let’s turn to the answers. To prevent conflicts, be sure to use these in the precise order that is specified. Let’s check to see if your remote control is transmitting IR signals.
Wrapping Up Samsung TV Remote Not Working Except Power Button
You might try to contact Samsung technical support for additional help with your situation if you’re confident the remote hasn’t been damaged. You could also be interested to see if your warranty is still valid. The first step in fixing the Samsung TV remote not working except power button is to power cycle both the remote and the TV.
Then, if the remote becomes disconnected from the TV, try reconnecting it. If that doesn’t work, try to reset the entire remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of the reasons why my Samsung remote is not working?
Defective remote control.
The remote control pad was broken.
The TV’s remote control sensor is broken.
How do I reset my Samsung remote to my TV?
Remove the batteries from the Samsung TV remote and press the Power button for about 8 seconds to reset it. Put the battery back in, then check whether your remote is operating.
What do you do if your TV doesn’t respond to the remote?
Verify that none of the remote’s buttons are stuck or jammed. The battery connectors for the remote control could be unclean. The batteries should be removed from the remote control, cleaned with a small amount of alcohol using a sterile cotton swab or soft cloth, and then put back in.