Most people prefer to enjoy a weekend watching their favorite show or a web series. But what will be the mood if suddenly the insignia fire TV remote not working?
Those are the days when we rush towards a TV mechanic or flip through the manual’s pages to Discover the solutions for the insignia fire TV remote not working. But things are not the same now. Today we have the internet and the power to get things back to normal, even by ourselves.
So If you find your insignia fire TV remote not working at the moment, don’t lose hope. This article covers all the tricks and solutions to eliminate the issue.
- Do A Quick Reset
- Do Check For Dust And Dirt.
- Do Check For Battery Condition.
- Do Power Cycle Your Remote
- Do Check For Blockages.
- Do Check With Another Remote.
- Do Buy A New Remote
- Why Insignia Fire TV Remote Not Working?
- Wrapping Up Insignia Fire TV Remote Not Working
Do A Quick Reset
Resetting the remote may sound funny, but it works fine For Some Users more than you think. For a simple reset, you have to follow the below instructions;
- Remove the batteries first from the remote
- Wait for 5 minutes
- Insert them again
However, there is no guarantee that it would resolve the issue of the insignia fire TV remote not working. We will be glad if it works for you as it worked for several others.
Do Check For Dust And Dirt.
Over time, dust and dirt settle on your remote buttons, which makes your insignia fire TV remote not working. If resetting the remote did not fix your Insignia TV remote not woking problem, then this will be the next solution.
To clean your remote,
- First and foremost, remove the batteries
- Use a clean and soft cloth to wipe the remote
- Note that the cloth should not have any moisture as it will damage the internal components of the remote.
There are people who use covers for their remotes; if you are one among them, try removing the cover and try once.
Some of the insignia remotes come with infrared sensors. If yours is one such type, then don’t forget to clean the sensors too. Moreover, the sensors may also accumulate dust, making your insignia fire TV remote not working.
Do Check For Battery Condition.
Always check the condition of your batteries in the remote. Using drained batteries in the remote may be the reason why the insignia fire TV remote not working. In contrast, the batteries may be dead or in the stage of dying.
There are two fixes here.
- Either try replacing the batteries in the remote.
- Or try charging the batteries in the remote (for this, place the batteries in the charger, plug them and charge it for some time)
Do Power Cycle Your Remote
Power cycling your remote control is one of the good fixes if you have enough charge in your battery. Follow the below steps for a quick power cycle.
- Remove the batteries
- Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
- Then place the batteries back inside the remote
- Finally, check your remote to see whether the issue insignia fire TV remote not working is resolved or not.
Do Check For Blockages.
If there is a blockage in the signal path between the remote and the TV’s receiver, you will face the insignia fire TV remote not working.
The blockage is one of the main reasons because TVs today have tiny (sometimes very hard to see) receivers that were perfectly molded in the frame. This positioning makes it challenging for us to operate the TV remote. Also, double-check that there should not be any decor pieces blocking the path.
Do Check With Another Remote.
If you have any other insignia remote or can get one from your neighbor, try checking your TV with that. In case it works, then the problem is with your remote and not the TV. Suppose the remote (from a neighbor) did not work; the problem is with your TV.
Furthermore, you can try using a universal remote if you cannot get a new one. Universal remotes are specially designed to work with several TV brands. One of the highest probabilities is that the universal remote works well with your insignia TV.
Do Buy A New Remote
Lastly, the final thing you can try here is purchasing a new TV remote. Sometimes the insignia fire TV remote not working problem may be because of damage to the internal components.
If there is water inside the remote, or you may have dropped the remote several times accidentally, these internal damages cannot be resolved. In this case, purchasing a new remote is the best option, even if it involves spending your money.
But the good news is that the cost of the insignia remote is more affordable than many others!
How To Fix Insignia Fire TV Remote Not Working Except Power Button?
There may be situations where your insignia fire TV remote not working except power button.
If this is your case, here are a few things you can do to troubleshoot that insignia fire TV remote not working except power button issue.
- First and foremost, you must power cycle by disconnecting all the devices connected.
- Next, plug it again after a few minutes (maybe two to three minutes)
- You can also download and install the insignia TV application for this.
An alternative you can try to resolve the insignia fire TV remote not working except power button issue is the factory reset your TV with the help of the power button.
How To Reset Insignia Fire TV Remote?
Suppose you are interested in knowing how to reset insignia fire TV remote; below are the simple steps to be followed.
- Press & hold the “home button.”
- simultaneously press the menu button thrice
- Now release the home button
- Then press the menu button nine times
- Remove the batteries from your remote
- Unplug the TV from the power source
- Wait for a minute
- Now plug your TV back into the power source
- Insert the batteries back in the insignia remote
- Press and hold the home button for 50 seconds when you see the home screen
Finally, after a minute, you will find the setup complete, and the remote will be restored to its original settings. If this method of how to reset insignia fire TV remote did not work for you, try this alternative method. This method suits if your remote does not come with a power button and volume buttons.
Now how to reset the insignia fire TV remote in this situation.
- Disconnect your TV from the power source for a minute
- At the same time, press and hold the left button and menu button for 20 seconds.
- Release both the buttons
- After a few seconds, remove the batteries from your insignia remote
- Now plug your TV back into the power source
- Place the batteries back in the insignia remote
- Then press the home button using remote
Finally, your insignia remote will be restored to its original settings and paired with your TV.
How To Fix Insignia Fire TV Remote Won’t Pair?
Your insignia remote must pair with the TV, and also you should know what to do if your insignia fire TV remote won’t pair.
- Head towards your TV
- Press the home button on your remote
- If the pairing is successful, a confirmation message will appear on the screen.
If the pairing is unsuccessful, repeat the steps until your pairing is done.
- Switch ON your TV (make sure the TV should not work in standby mode)
- Head towards settings > Bluetooth & controller devices > TV remotes > add new remote > insignia TV remote
- Now you will see the message “searching for remote.”
- From the displayed remotes, choose your remote
- Finally, you will see the message “pairing your remote.”
If there is an update available for the software, you will be prompted to do. So follow the instructions step by step visible on the screen.
Why Insignia Fire TV Remote Not Working?
Electronic devices are easily prone to damage and repairs. But the most important thing is you should know the reason behind an issue, which helps you overcome the problem.
So here are some reasons why is my insignia fire TV remote not working, and we hope you can resolve the issue if you find the reason behind it.
#Reason 1 – Physical Damage
Many drop their remote controls often (two to three times a day). For instance, you may be keeping the remote on your lap and suddenly get up after some time without remembering.
#Reason 2 – Internal Damage
Water enters inside the remote, and maybe the internal components are damaged. This may be due to water spills on the remote while eating and watching TV.
#Reason 3 – Improper Pairing
Sometimes, even if there are no mistakes with the battery, the remote control needs a repair to the TV for a good connection.
#Reason 4 – Dead Batteries
You may be using very old or dead batteries for your remote control. Also, if you store the batteries without using them, they won’t work well after a while
#Reason 5 – Overheat
If your insignia remote gets too much heat or is exposed to high temperatures, this will damage the interior parts of your remote, and this may be why is my insignia fire TV remote not working.
#Reason 6 – Blockages
You may not be aware of the blockages in the receiver of your insignia TV.
#Reason 7 – Dust
If you find no issues with the battery, then the sensors are the reason why is my insignia fire TV remote not working. There are small and sensitive sensors inside the remote, which must be clean. If there is so much dust and dirt inside the sensor, you will experience why is my insignia fire TV remote not working.
Wrapping Up Insignia Fire TV Remote Not Working
If your insignia fire TV remote not working, there is nothing much to worry about. The above solutions are easy, and you can try them by yourselves without any technical support.
If you cannot use the remote, use the free application to access your TV. However, we hope that these fixes help you resolve the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my Insignia Fire TV remote?
Press and hold the home key
Tap on the menu key thrice while holding the home key
Release the home key now
Press the menu button 9 times
Take out the batteries from the remote
Unplug the insignia TV from the power source
Wait for 2 minutes
Plug your TV back into the power source
Insert the batteries into the remote and when you see the home screen, press and hold the home key for about 40 seconds.
After a minute, your remote has finished the resetting process!
What do I do if my insignia remote is not working?
If your insignia remote is not working,
Try a soft reset on your remote control
Repair your insignia remote
Check for any blockages in the remote
Try using an insignia remote app to access the TV
Factory reset your insignia TV
Buy a new remote
How do I manually reset my Insignia TV?
To reset your insignia TV,
Tap on the home key on your remote
Go to devices and software
Click on reset to factory defaults
That’s all you have to wait for the TV to complete the resetting process.