Have you experienced issues with your Hisense TV that may be resolved with a factory reset using the remote?
Or are you considering selling or replacing your smart TV? Do not be confused!
By utilizing the Hisense TV factory reset with remote, you can fix whatever problems you’re facing.
Although Hisense TVs are comparable to other modern smart TVs, the resetting procedure is different. In this guide, we’re here to assist you with a step-by-step guide on performing a Hisense TV factory reset with remote.
- Hisense TV Factory Reset With Remote
- Alternative Method 1 (Without Any Picture On Screen)
- Alternative Method 2 (If There Is A Reset Button)
- Alternative Method 3 (Using An App)
- Alternative Method 4 (Using The Button Panel)
- Final Words On “Hisense TV Factory Reset With Remote.”
Hisense TV Factory Reset With Remote
Here is the method for Hisense TV factory reset with remote (new TV models from 2014 to present).
To factory reset, first and foremost, you require the original Hisense remote.
- Press the Settings button on the Hisense TV remote
- Choose the option “support.”
- Confirm the selection by clicking on “enter.” (depending on the TV model, you may have to enter the option as OK or select)
- Then select Device Preferences
- Confirm the option by clicking on enter
- Choose “reset”
- Then you will be prompted to confirm the factory reset process
- Enter the security PIN and confirm the reset
- Now your Hisense TV will reset to its original factory settings.
If you have not changed your security PIN till now, the default PIN will be 0000. In case you have changed your PIN, enter that in that respective space.
Contact the Hisense support team if you have forgotten your new security PIN.
Here is the method if you own an old Hisense TV (before 2014 and even older). If your Hisense TV has greyed out or facing flickering or any other problem, try Hisense TV factory reset with the remote first.
Follow the instructions below for the Hisense TV factory reset with remote
- Tap on the exit key on your remote
- Hold the key for about 15 seconds
- After this time, the factory reset menu will appear on the screen
- Then click on OK
- Turn OFF the TV
After resetting, we recommend you wait about 20 seconds before turning your TV ON again.
Alternative Method 1 (Without Any Picture On Screen)
What will you do if you cannot see any picture on your Hisense TV but need a factory reset?
Fortunately, there is a simple procedure for a Hisense TV factory reset without a remote. To reset Hisense TV if there is no picture,
- Disconnect external devices like a hard disk or USB cable connected to your Hisense TV.
- Turn OFF the TV now
- Unplug the power cable from the mains
- Wait for 2 minutes
- Plug your back TV again
- Turn ON the TV
This resetting process solves if there are any software bugs or glitches. However, we do not recommend this option if you wish to sell your smart TV.
Alternative Method 2 (If There Is A Reset Button)
Resetting a Hisense TV can be achieved through various methods, including downloading and installing a universal remote application or using the physical buttons on the TV itself.
For newer models of Hisense TVs, there is typically a physical reset button at the back of the device.
To use this method, locate the “reset” button and press it with a toothpick or pen while the TV is turned on. Wait for the TV to reboot twice before releasing the button.
It’s crucial to take note of the setup screen that appears afterward, as this is where you will begin.
Following these steps, you can perform a factory reset on your Hisense TV, ensuring any issues or glitches are resolved.
Alternative Method 3 (Using An App)
You can perform a factory reset without using your remote through a Hisense remote now app. Below are the instructions for a successful factory reset of the Hisense TV in case you lost your remote or the remote is damaged.
- Go to Google Play Store or AppStore
- Download and install the “Hisense RemoteNOW” app.
- Once downloaded, ensure the smartphone and the Hisense TV are connected to the same network.
- Launch the Hisense RemoteNOW app
- Set up the account
- Once set, try to pair the Hisense TV to your phone
- Click on the Select button
- Type the exact model of your Hisense TV
- Now you will notice a security PIN on the TV screen
- Enter the PIN on the app
- Choose the option “pair.”
- After a successful pairing, head toward the settings menu
- Navigate to device preferences
- Choose the option “reset.”
- Click on “erase everything.”
Alternative Method 4 (Using The Button Panel)
Below is how to factory reset Hisense TV using the button panel. Some Hisense TV models come with a dedicated panel for button buttons.
- Press & hold the “volume down button” and “menu or input button” at the same time
- While holding the buttons, press and hold the “power key” on your Hisense TV.
- Do this for about 15 seconds.
- Once the time is over, release the buttons.
That’s all. The reset process is complete. Learn How To Solve Hisense TV Will Turn Off In 30 Seconds?
Is There A “Reset” Key On The Hisense TVs?
Many individuals inquire whether there is a reset button on Hisense TVs. Unfortunately, the answer is no.
Instead, Hisense TVs have a small hole at the back labeled “reset,” which allows for a factory reset of the TV.
To perform a factory reset using this method, you can use an inserting pin, paper clip, or a SIM ejection tool to press and hold the button for approximately 10 seconds.
Afterward, the TV will restart, and the factory reset will be completed.
Final Words On “Hisense TV Factory Reset With Remote.”
Following the recommended time frames for each step is essential when performing a factory reset on your Hisense TV.
For instance, during a power cycle, you should wait at least 2 minutes before plugging the TV back in.
Using the original Hisense remote during the factory reset is also advisable to ensure compatibility and avoid further complications.
We hope that the methods mentioned above for performing a Hisense TV factory reset with a remote can assist you in resolving various issues, such as lagging, black screen, flickering display, color and sound problems, and more.
However, if these methods do not work, don’t hesitate to ask questions in the comment section or contact Hisense customer support for further assistance.