If your Samsung TV remote isn’t responding, you might wonder how to factory reset your TV without it. The good news is that it’s still possible to do so.
One way to factory reset Samsung TV without remote is to use the physical buttons on the TV itself.
Depending on the model, locate the Reset button on the back or bottom of the TV.
Look for the “Menu” and “Volume” buttons and hold them down simultaneously for several seconds until the TV turns off and then back on again. This will initiate the factory reset process.
The second option is to use the Samsung SmartThings app on your smartphone as a remote control.
Download the app, connect it to your TV, access its Settings menu, and initiate a factory reset.
Following these steps, you can quickly factory reset your Samsung TV even if your remote isn’t working.
- Factory Reset Samsung TV Without Remote
- Reset Using A Keyboard
- Reset Using The SmartThings App
- Wrapping Up Factory Reset Samsung TV Without Remote
Factory Reset Samsung TV Without Remote
The factory reset PIN for Samsung TVs is 0000. However, if you cannot remember this number, you can use the buttons on the TV to perform a factory reset Samsung TV without a remote.
How To Do?
- First and foremost, unplug the power cable from the TV.
- Press the “Power button” & “Volume Down button” simultaneously
- Once pressed, the TV will display a setup screen
- Here you will be prompted to enter the PIN
- If you forgot the PIN, get help from Samsung Customer Service.
Reset Using A Keyboard
If you cannot factory reset your Samsung TV without a remote using the password or button combination method, there’s another option you can try.
Many Samsung smart TVs manufactured in 2016 and later are compatible with Wired Keyboards connected through USB.
Connecting a USB keyboard to your Samsung TV allows you to navigate the menus and perform a factory reset without a remote.
This method can be beneficial if your Samsung TV remote is not working.
How To Do?
- Turn OFF the Samsung smart TV.
- Connect your keyboard to any USB ports available on the backside of your TV.
- Turn ON your TV using the “Power” key
- Head towards the “Settings” option.
- Navigate to General and Privacy
- Choose Reset
- Type your PIN 0000
- Confirm the reset process
Once you’ve successfully performed a factory reset on your Samsung TV without a remote, check the settings have been restored to their original.
Use a Wireless Mouse if you’re having trouble navigating the menu using a wired keyboard.
Samsung TVs have an Onscreen Keyboard, so entering passwords or text using a physical keyboard is not more challenging.
Reset Using The SmartThings App
If you have a Samsung account and the SmartThings App installed on your Samsung smartphone, you can use it to factory reset your Samsung TV without a remote.
The SmartThings app functions like a remote control and offers many smart features.
- Open the SmartThings app on your smartphone.
- Sign in with your Samsung Account.
- Tap on the + icon (which you can see in the top right corner)
- Click on “Add Device.”
- Tap on Scan Nearby. The app will scan for compatible devices.
- Once you see your Samsung TV, click on it.
- Then you will see a password on the screen.
- Fill in the password on your smartphone and confirm it. Note that for a few models, you have to press the physical button on the TV to confirm
- You can find the app connected to your Samsung TV.
The application helps you navigate the TV Settings, and you can now quickly factory reset your Samsung TV without a remote.
One of the oldest methods to factory reset your Samsung TV without a remote is to use the physical buttons on the TV itself.
However, the process and location of the buttons may vary depending on the TV model.
First, use the arrow keys to navigate through the menus on your TV. Then, an onscreen keyboard will pop up where you can enter the password. Finally, press OK to select.
However, it’s important to note that not all Samsung TVs have many physical buttons, especially with the latest models, where you may only find one button to switch the TV ON or OFF.
If you cannot use previous methods to reset your Samsung TV without a remote, another option is available through the Samsung TV Diagnostic Center feature.
If you encounter any issues, this tool helps reset and restore your TV to its default settings.
You can access the Diagnostic Center even if you’ve lost your remote control, as long as you have the security PIN that was previously set up.
The default PIN for most Samsung TVs is 0000, but if you’ve changed it, use the correct PIN during the reset process.
Even if you’ve forgotten your PIN, you can still factory reset your Samsung TV using the Diagnostic Center feature without a remote.
This can be a helpful alternative method when other options aren’t available.
- Turn OFF your Samsung TV.
- Press Mute
- Continue with 8 2 4 (follows this order)
- Then press the Power button
- Select Reset
- Click on Yes to complete
Sometimes a black screen on a Samsung TV is expected, especially after a firmware update.
In such cases, it can be challenging to factory reset your Samsung TV without a remote when the screen is black and doesn’t display any images.
However, there is a way to do this:
- Turn ON your smart TV.
- Press and hold the Exit button for about 12 seconds.
- You will see the standby light blinking continuously.
- The Reset options will appear on the screen.
- Click OK when the reset window pops up to confirm the reset.
When A Factory Reset Samsung TV Without A Remote Is Needed?
When you think about a factory reset Samsung TV without a remote, it is good to know whether a reset is essential, as there are situations when it is unnecessary.
So a factory reset Samsung TV without a remote is needed;
- If your Samsung TV is frozen or stuck while watching a movie
- If your TV did not turn ON
- If you bought your TV from your friend
- If you are going to sell it to someone else
- If your Samsung TV is not performing well
- If you see Samsung TV black screen
Wrapping Up Factory Reset Samsung TV Without Remote
If you are experiencing difficulties with your Samsung TV or the screen struck on while watching a video, there is nothing to worry about.
The quickest fix is to reset the TV, regardless of whether you have a remote control! And for this, we hope the above solutions help you factory reset your Samsung TV without a remote effortlessly.
However, buy a new remote or download the SmartThings app to control your Samsung TV in the future or whenever needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Samsung TV factory reset code?
The default PIN for all Samsung smart TVs is “0000”.
However, you should give that new PIN in the required place if you have changed your password.
Suppose you have forgotten the PIN code you have provided; you can reset the PIN by
Turn OFF the TV
Press “Mute,” “8”, “2”, “4,” and
Finally, press the power button
How to Soft reset Samsung TV?
If your Samsung TV is stuck or troubling you with other issues, one of the best methods is to go for a soft reset.
Start by pressing and holding the “power key” on your Samsung remote
Wait for 2 to 4 minutes
Again hold down the power button until you see the TV turning ON.
How do I force my Samsung TV to factory reset?
On your Samsung TV, go to settings
Here from the list of options, click on “reset.”
Then you will be asked to “type the PIN.”
Finally, choose “reset.”
The Samsung TV will start the resetting process.